Home

<tumblr alert>
Sep 30th, 2015
The song, the lyrics, the melodies, literally everything about Photograph by Ed Sheeran influenced me / persuades me to write this post. I just had to.
As a young adult I often tell people that I can't tell which city belongs to \myself \ my soul\, until I moved to Kuala Lumpur where I actually felt like I was home. I’ve talked to a lot of friends about this over the years and I get the feeling that the idea of home is much more complicated than anything they’ve ever actually experienced. I mean, how can someone else's country felt so "home" to you?
But then, for the past few years, neither of anything that happens in Kuala Lumpur and its surrounding sound like anything special to me. My family is. But thats it. As the city is user friendly, I can get an easy access to almost every corner of the city, people live in order, I, live in order. Even the environment of the city alone motivates me to live a perfectly healthy life. Everything seems to be easy. But is that it? Is that home?
Whats with “home is where the heart is” and such slogans. If you can feel like you are home when you are around certain people just as much as when you are in certain places then maybe home itself needs to be better defined before you can try and figure out where it is. 
People who can decide which "home" they belong to should be utterly grateful, because there are people out there, who struggled to decide so. Me, for instant. 
I previously think that the ability to call the whole world home is just plain cool, but now that I'm back in Jkt for good, miles away from Kuala Lumpur, its weird that I started to feel like home. Partly home. Well, at least I’m starting to understand how it feels... 

Am I home? 

Popular posts from this blog

Temporary neighbor

9002 backward

laaaaateeeee