Building Inspection

Today marks the second time I did the so-called building inspection trial as part of the program. I find it quite interesting to see building from a whole other perspectives. I used to focus more on the design aspects of a building. Though we were also taught that the design of any structures - for instance a building, should be based upon the intended function. Hence the form follows functions principal. But somehow it's pretty obvious that we still tend to focus more on the aesthetic aspects, as clients might as well prefer to have it that way. Even if I were to become a project leader, I'd definitely expect my building to look as uniquely pleasing as possible!

It has always been aesthetics vs functionality, and I have always been on the aesthetics side. Surveying a building is new to me. Despite all those familiar construction terms, a building inspection felt very alien to me. Not to mention the variety of equipments it requires. Nevertheless, this subject I'm taking (which relates to the building inspection I mentioned earlier) is beginning to form a whole new 'criteria' in my mind palace upon designing any types of building. I was put in a position where architects, surveyors, and other related parties are required to extend their point of views in order to come up with that dreamy masterpiece - a functionally efficient and aesthetically designed building.

Speak soon btw Night Austen.

Popular posts from this blog

Temporary neighbor

9002 backward

laaaaateeeee